This short feature commemorates 70 years of Triveni Kala Sangam, New Delhi and 40 years of the Photography Department within this institution. Triveni Kala Sangam, a cross-disciplinary arts space for dance, music, fine art and photography, was founded by Sundari K. Shridharani in 1950 while the structure was completed in 1963. In 1980, O.P. Sharma, who had been teaching photography at Modern School, New Delhi, then started the Photography Department at Triveni Kala Sangam, along with his wife, Chitrangada Sharma, making it today, one of the oldest darkroom spaces and practices post-Independence.
The Alkazi Foundation for the Arts and Art Heritage Gallery plan a future educational project around this rich institutional history.
We would like to thank Mr. Amar Shridharani and Mr. O.P. Sharma for their direction, time, support and contribution towards this research project. We are also grateful to all institutions/organisations/individuals whose works are credited in the video.